08 September 2009

Music Break

And now for something completely different. No, not a man with three . . . . And if you don't recognize that allusion to a classic Monty Python sketch, I'll just let you do your own research.

No, this is your humble correspondent's latest veer into the off-topic weeds of Music You Have Never Heard Of Before. Disclaimer: my musical training is mostly classical, but I love quality regardless of genre, whether rock, jazz, classical, pop, ska, zydeco, whatever. I especially love when different styles can be blended successfully.

Accordingly, I present for your listening pleasure Rondo Veneziano. See, told ya that you'd never heard of them before. Imagine energetic Europop style beats and counterpoint, bright and catchy melodies, modern complex syncopation mixed with the style and musical structures of Mozart or Vivaldi. All played by a chamber ensemble dressed in 18th Century formal dress with powdered wigs, playing violins, violas, cellos, electric bass guitar and drums. How's that for eclectic. Hope you like them as much as I do.

No comments: