14 January 2009

Sounds Have Colors

And now for something completely different. No, not a man with three buttocks. Sorry Python fans (of which I am one). This is really different.

Ever heard of synesthesia? Most readers of this blog will understand about thinking "you're the only one" about something or other for a while, wink nudge. But this is another thing that for a long time I thought I was the only one with. I grew up seeing colors when hearing music, getting whiffs of scents while looking at pictures. How do you explain to somebody the colors of an A flat major chord? I guess it's one of those things like a testimony: words are never sufficient, and the only people who will understand your efforts are those who already know what you're talking about. I know that online tests are often more plaything than serious science, but this one was kind of fun and I am curious to know if any readers or blogmates see/hear/smell the same way I do. LMK.

83%

6 comments:

Ausmo said...

I don't seem too only 43%

Although i think i do more than that, but i'm not going to argue with a online quiz lol.

Scot said...

I know a handful of other bloggers have similar super powers. For example, check the comments I got here.

Maybe synesthesia makes a person gay, or blog ;-).

Public Loneliness said...

Mine showed 63% creativity; really? The real question is did you sign up for the dating service? :)

Bror said...

I am 67% :)

Abelard Enigma said...

There is a 40% chance your brain matter contains grade-A synesthesia!

I guess I'm just a loser

Rob said...

No Abe, you should be grateful for your clarity of thinking. This is not a particularly convenient quality to have.